Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Met Costume Institute Gala 2010

Met's Costume Institute starry gala impressed yet once again with its ultra-fab red carpet appearances. From Blake Lively's super sexy short mini-dress to January Jone's goth-futuristic hot pink dress, this night was all about high fashion and glamorous jewelry!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This navy blue fringed gown with the long neckline (ooh sexyyy) by Emilio Pucci was definitely one of my favorites. Even though I don't really like too much skin exposure, this one didn't look trashy in any way. I adored these heels, but nice legs are crucial in order to rock them. Sienna definitely knows how!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Taylor Swift is known for her romantic style, and pale choices of color, this long sleek white gown looks so beautiful on her. It totally flatters her figure and it kind of reminds me of some Keira Kneightly movie. (maybe Pride and Prejudice?) It looks adorable, no matter what!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Zoe Saldana looks sexy 'n' severe at the same time with this one shouldered embellished gown in a dark navy blue maxidress. She kept it simple with the accessories, and I love it, I always go for simplicity. (Am I being too nice with all of them here? It's just that we had a lot of cute outfits this year, and I have featured only the best dressed. :P)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
SJP proves herself in this one. Our favorite Carrie Bradshaw looks all shiny in this Halston Heritage pleated peach gown and Fred Leighton vintage bracelets. (Can't wait for SATC 2!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Aww, look at beautiful glowing mother of two! I've always been a huuge fan of Nicole's sexy boho glam style and this one looks just right. This sequined silver gown by Marc Jacobs' Fall 2010 collection is beyond perfection.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Oscar winner looks absolutely shiny in Dior. It might be a little too much for my taste, but I can't blame her, she pulled it off!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It's really hard to pull THAT off, but I think K-Stew did it! The sheer gowns are always playin' hard to get, and most people don't particularly like them. This Chanel Haute Couture gown looks soo cute and fitted on Kristen. Besides, I'm a big fan (Twilighter, remember?:P), I can't say anything else for my boy's girl. ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Okay, so this Stella McCartney gown has 'sexy' screaming all over it. I love the nude color and the Casadei platforms, so it's a hit for me. Not my favorite, but still fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Such a beautiful color. And she's got the body to nail it! Jessica Alba looked fierce in this Sophie Theallet for Gap satin dusty rose gown, Lavande jewelry and Ferragamo clutch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

JLo is making a comeback and she's making in style! She looks so royal in this Zuhair Murad Haute Couture gown, every Academy award winner would envy her!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Only Gisele could look soo rock and so fabulous at the same time at the Met Gala. And who could be the responsible for that? Only Alexander Wang. That boy is a genius, I must admit!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And here we come to another favorite of this soiree with Blake Lively looking gorgeous in a ruffled Marchesa mini dress. She rather seemed tan and flawless, that's for sure!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And last but not least, here comes Anne Hathaway (a teacher when it comes to red carpet style) sporting a Valentino gown, Ferragamo clutch and Bulgari jewels.

So which was YOUR pick?

Tell us in commentary!
Be glam
xoxo Athena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment on this post. I love listening to your feedback. Take care. XOXO