Friday, May 16, 2014

Spring/Summer Everyday Makeup Look

Hello, lovelies!






Recently I've been experimenting with color in my makeup and easy ways to wear it and I remembered that once upon a time, I wore a lot of olive green eyeshadows which as I recall, compliment brown eyes very much. In fact I'm very positive that only brown/hazel eyes can wear olive-toned eyeshadow since it makes them pop. Green on green or blue eyes would look rather washed out. So even though having brown eyes isn't something to gush over, at least it has its perks!

However I'm still hesitant about colorful eyeshadows, especially during the day time so I found a way to 'neutralize' them; wearing them on top of browns-nudes that is! I'm so in love with cream eyeshadow at the moment, so I apply a thin layer of my Maybelline color tattoo in 'Bad to the bronze' (lovee that bad boy) and swipe an olive-hued shimmery eyeshadow over the lid. Blend away, line upper and lower lashline and there, done! (I also soften the crease a little bit with a beige matte eyeshadow - but you can totally skip that)

As for the rest of the face, I went for a cream blush by Too Faced (which I think has been discontinued - can't find it anywhere anymore *sad face*) and lately I think all I've been wearing is cream blushes. I love the natural glow they provide and how easily they melt into the skin. Layer them with a bit of powder (blush or face powder) and your rosy cheeks won't budge.

On my lips I used my favorite lip product of the moment which is none other than the much-coveted Dior Addict Lip Glow, a magic little balm that works with your lips' natural chemistry and creates your very own shade of pink. Seriously, it's the most beautiful pink I've ever put on. Now I just need to get my hands on the blush they also make that has a similar effect.

Love these quick, effortless looks that don't require much thought and technique. Don't get me wrong, I still love to master a smokey look from time to time but on most days, I like something minimal and chic to get me through the day.

Here you can watch the video where I talk you through the whole thing. Please excuse the mess in my room, but it was the first time I filmed by myself, so I was totally caught up in filming I forgot about everything else. Won't happen again, I promise. Enjoy!





16 comments:

  1. Oh wow so pretty :) love this look, you look amazing
    have a great weekend

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! I hope you have an amazing weekend as well! x

      Delete
  2. Thank you! That's the look I opted for! Glad you liked it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice make up! Perfect for Summer!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous, fresh look! And that Coastal Scents palette is huge! I've heard a lot of good things about them as a more affordable UD alternative, but I haven't gotten around to trying them out yet.

    -- Alexandra Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. great products and pretty look :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips Athena and you are so pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, i'd love to follow each other <3

    http://sophs-style.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it, so cool
    http://amandachic.com/blog/mischa.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your comment! :D
    I follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Athena, really pretty natural summery look. Love the "color tattoo".

    I have nominated your blog for the very Inspiring Blogger Award, please see my post for the details. Great Blog!

    http://palsywalsyblog.blogspot.com/2014/05/inspiring-blogger-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice post:) You lokk beautiful:)
    follow back?
    www.aleksandramistake.pl

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have great Ideas and a interesting blog, I really like it!
    what you think, wanna follow each other?
    Just let me know, I would be happy :-)

    Kiss from Swiss, Kira
    schuhRei.ch

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment on this post. I love listening to your feedback. Take care. XOXO