Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Hottest Shoes Right Now

Hello my lovely readers,

It's a quarter past midnight and I'm thinking about shoes. I know I'm not the only one.

This season it's all about shoes. So many different styles are on trend right now that there's definitely something out there for you. I mean, which girl doesn't have a soft spot for some foot candy? (did that sound wrong?)

There's definitely a back-to-the-basics trend here, with the minimal strappy heels that look oh so complimenting, as long as your calves and ankles are slim. If you're on the chubbier side or really petite, I'd say skip the heels that cuff your leg at the ankle as they will make you look shorter and they will have a swallowing-your-legs effect. And that's not a very flattering look right there.

On the other end, colorful heels with prints and patterns of all sorts are the it-thing right now. They make the big statement in an outfit. They're the showstoppers. Totally on board with these.

I also noticed a tendency for lower, thicker heels which is such a relief for those busy girls who have to go about in town from day to night. I mean, 5 inch stillettos are as sexy as hell, but a nice pair of comfy yet stylish shoes is a lifesaver.

Lace-up heels are also making a big comeback right, usually with cut-out details and they're absolutely gorgeous. Aquazzura is mastering these. Another comeback are slingbacks, which I never thought I'd see again but I guess with fashion you can never say never.

As far as materials go, I spotted a lot of metallic details and lots of snakeskin too. Wood is also often used for the heel which is great for a summer, boho look.


And now check this little collection below I made on Polyvore featuring the most gorgeous shoes in stores right now. Click on the arrows at the sides to scroll through.



Let me know which is your favorite shoe style for spring and summer in the comments section!


42 comments:

  1. You have to love shoes!! Nice post :)
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shoes!! I just followed you , hope you can follow me back! Thanks
    Kisses

    www.mystyleisfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of them are beautiful! Would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin? If you do so please let me know on my blog so I can follow back.

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lace-up heels too, they're so flattering. I followed you too on all these platforms, thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful selection, I am a shoe addicted and cannot choose only one kind ! I prefer heels of course, and when I have to hurry up and have a busy day I'll go with sneakers, I like my heels high most of the times ;)

    Fashion and Cookies
    Facebook / G+ / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I agree, I heels are my weakness too!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for your sweet comment :) I followed you there hope you do the same :)

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I just did! Thanks for visiting and following! x

      Delete
  7. Thank your for the sweet comment and for following. I just followed back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! love the shoes!!

    This Girl Loves Chic 

    Facebook : ThisGirlLovesChic 


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great selection ! :D LOVE IT ALL !

    saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a shoeholic. these are some great styles, great choices! would you like to follow each other via gfc fb and bloglovin? let me know! :)

    xx
    ellie
    http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-on-born-pretty-watch.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful inspirations and picks. I am into sandals and brogues right now, but also adore classic pumps. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww, amazing shoes! love all of them <3
    I am following you from now, greetings!

    klaudr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting to get myself minimalistic heels for a while now! Thanks for the great selection :)
    I would love to stay in touch via bloglovin and gfc! Let me know what you think lovely!

    xo
    Yujin
    La Celestials

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the follow! followed you back on gfc bloglovin and ig :) new post http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com/2014/05/its-ribbon-kind-of-day.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Ellie! Hopefully, we'll stay in touch!

      Delete
  15. we've been obsessed with any shoes that have ankle straps, as swell as pointed toe shoes!! We're also trying to experiment with different prints and colours, it's always a nice way to add a pop to any outfit!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love heels with ankle straps, if you wear them well, they make your legs look amazing! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! x

      Delete
  16. I have a shoe problem... A serious addiction. I just love them! Craving a pair of Louboutin pigalle's in nude or a pair of the super bright Jimmy Choo's. I just bought a really cute pair of Dolce Vita heeled gladiator sandals. I'll be wearing them on my blog tomorrow! Thanks so much for stopping by Palm and Peachtree :)

    xo, Bekka
    Palm and Peachtree, A Fashion and Lifestyle Blog
    Instagram | Facebook | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? There's just something about shoes that you can't help but covet them. Thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete
  17. Nice post. I love all of these shoes. I think you can never have enough shoes ;) By the way, I really like your blog. I´m also greek but living in Germany. Would you like to follow each other to stay in touch? Let me know on my blog. That would be really awesome! :)

    Χαιρετίσματα από την Γερμανία :)
    a-fashionable-rendezvous.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found my blog! I'm following you now! Καλά να περνάς!

      Delete
    2. Σ´ευχαριστώ :) Follow you back! :) Επίσης και εσύ καλά να περνάς :)

      Delete
  18. Gorgeous blog, dear! thank you for your comment on my blog! I'm following you on GFC, Bloglovin, Facebook and Instagram and I hope you will follow me, too! :) xoxo

    http://lavieenrosemp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think also really often about shoes and the picks here made me dream all those shoes were in my shoe closet :)

    And thank you for your pleasant comment on my blog! I checked your blog and I like it <3 Of this cause I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It would be great if you come again to my blog to follow me – then I will follow you immediately back.

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  20. great post and heels!
    check out our blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE shoes! Period ;-) Great post honey. Lovely blog anyway. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these shoes selection!! You have a very nice blog, would you like to follow each other? Please let us know.
    a beautiful maison
    fb/abeautifulmaison

    ReplyDelete
  23. There's always room for another pair of shoes! Love this selection!

    www.loveandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment on this post. I love listening to your feedback. Take care. XOXO