Hello folks of the Internet,
Are you in a festive mood yet? I'm a very Christmassy person but I only fully experience the spirit of Christmas once December kicks in and the tree is up. I know people in the States start the festivities a little sooner because of Thanksgiving and frankly, I'm a little jealous.
It's truly the most wonderful time of the year. There's such a positive aura surrounding everything and anything Christmas-related that I just want to bask in all of it. The most important thing though is the act of giving and caring. It's not just about religion, it's a mindset. Christmas is the time to be kind (well to be honest, any time is the time to be kind). It's the time to be a little more thoughtful and a little less selfish. Everyone can benefit from this mentality and outlook, no one can lose.
Giving and receiving gifts is a very special tradition in my family. We have a whole ritual we've held on to for years and that I look forward to every December. The buying process on the other hand can become a little stressful. Sometimes you just get stuck, it happens to all of us. So yet again, Internet comes to the rescue.
In this year's gift guide I decided to do little separate assortments that fit each style, depending who you're shopping for. Instead of grouping everyone together with the simple categorization being "for him" and "for her" I wanted to try to cater to different styles and tastes.
Retro Gift Guide by fashionistalooks featuring Trademark Fine Art
Boho Gift Guide by fashionistalooks featuring outside home decor
Minimalist Gift Guide by fashionistalooks featuring JLA Home
Country Gift Guide by fashionistalooks featuring copper kitchen accessories
Wellness Gift Guide by fashionistalooks featuring a vegan cookbook
Chic Gift Guide by fashionistalooks featuring a blush bedding
Gift Guide for him by fashionistalooks featuring a mens travel kit
A few tips would include:
- Set a budget per person or per couple.
- Opt out of buying clothes and shoes, unless you know someone's size fully well or you know they want a particular item. A top or even a cardigan can pass, but pants, skirts and shoes are usually a no-go. Especially if said person isn't a very close relative or friend.
- Don't buy something just because you like it. You're not shopping for yourself but for someone else. Keep their needs and style in mind. It's easy to get a little carried away and get something you wish someone else got you.
- In the same spirit, don't overspend on things you're not sure they're gonna like. When someone's style is tricky to pin down, go for safe bets and keep the price reasonable (for your budget at least).
- While you may think that buying someone a lavish gift will please them, some people may feel uncomfortable because they can't offer a gift of equal value. You may not expect anything similar in return but they might feel obligated to. If you know someone's financial state is not on par with yours, try to stay in their lane, unless you know they're totally cool with receiving expensive gifts.
- Don't underestimate the DIY solutions readily available on Pinterest, blogs etc., they can be even more appreciated than store-bought ones, depends who you're giving to.
Hope my suggestions helped!
There are so many great suggestions in this post! I adore that yellow sweater. It is beautiful. And you are so right about DIY gifts....they can be really special. And there are so many places to get inspired these days!ReplyDelete
If you are looking for luxurious Handbags bearing designer labels, Vitapress.By is the destination to visit. It is a website where you will find genuine leather Christian Doir Handbags of luxury handbags from famed brands like Balenciaga, Celine, Dior,Hermes handbags, Fendi and Saint Laurent among others. And the sale price and high quality has won a great reputation all over the world.Also ,The Rolex Watches It offers free shipping for all orders and countries.ReplyDelete
تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
افضل شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة المثالية لتنظيف المجالس بالظهران
شركة المثالية لتنظيف الكنب بالظهران
شركة المثالية لتنظيف الموكيت بالظهران
شركة المثالية لتنظيف السجاد بالظهران