Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sweater Weather Wardrobe: The Must-Haves + 2015 Goals!

Happy Sunday everyone and Happy (late) New Year!


I hope the new year has been treating you kind so far. I hope you're carrying your 2015 resolutions through . I'm trying to at least. But more on that later.

The temperatures have been dropping drastically during the past couple of weeks.  We're really not used to this kind of cold here, so taking all measures necessary against this tough weather is not an easy task. Especially when it comes to dressing cute.

Despite what you've been told you actually can dress nice and chic while feeling warm and cozy. 

Here's a few tips for you below. Some you might have heard of, some you might be using right now, but in any case it's good to have them all gathered in one post.

KNIT TIGHTS


That is definitely not some well-kept secret, but thick, opaque tights add a nice touch to any look. They keep your legs nice and warm and are the key to a perfect winter chic outfit. They come in all these different colors and patterns, so you can definitely play around with them. Don't forget tights can be an accessory too.


TIGHTS UNDERNEATH JEANS


In winter on most days you feel like wearing pants. You need decent coverage for those limbs. But sometimes even that isn't enough. Wear tights, or even leggings underneath and you won't feel a thing in the harsh weather.


SCARVES AS COVER-UPS


Scarves are a winter must that can be worn many ways, and this one is another fun idea to give your shoulders an extra layer of protection and warmth, that looks effortless in a "I-just-put-this-together" kinda way. 


FUR


Fur jackets are seriously the best answer to chilly weather. They feel lush and soft and they offer the ultimate level of protection, No reason to wonder why Russians love fur so much. They ought to know. For eco-conscious girls out there there's alwyas faux fur too. Vests are also a lovely choice because they're easy to layer and they can amp up a basic blazer or cardigan in no time.


TURTLENECKS


When the weather's freezing and I wanna make sure I don't catch a cold (I'm kinda prone to these), a turtleneck is what I resort to. Love the casual comfy vibe and a turtleneck sweater looks fantastic with jeans and ballet flats or boots. It's classy and elegant and it's your bff for that perfect everyday no-fuss look.


MIDI SKIRTS AND KNEE HIGH BOOTS


 I saved my favorite for last. This look is my go-to these days, because it's so ladylike yet easy to create. It gives me a strong 70s nostalgic feel and I'm obsessed with that style these days. I love taking elements from old decades and modernizing them. This combo is the way to go if you want to feel comfortable outside but still want to go for a girly, classic look.


And now I decided to share with you my goals for 2015. Hopefully you'll find some inspiration in them. Or not. Whatever. I just felt like sharing them.

In 2015 I need to..

  • Work out more. Go the gym at least 3 times per week. 
  • Drink more water. Try to have a glass every hour or so.
  • Eat healthier. Indulge less.
  • Wear more daring outfits. And not daring as in provocative or sexy, but daring fashion-wise. 
  • Keep Olivia Palermo's style and lifestyle as my inspiration.
  • Read more books. Different kinds of books.
  • Watch more movies. Not rom-coms and that fluff shit.
  • Study more. Not only before exams but all semester long. One hour per day.
  • Go out more. Have something to look forward to.
  • Interact with people. Make new friends.
  • Visit new restaurants.
  • Discover more indie bands.
  • Go to museums.
  • Host fab parties.
  • Be more organized.
  • Cook and bake more of these good-looking recipes I see on Pinterest.
  • Just enjoy life. Challenge myself. Be more active.




22 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I really want some knot tights ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to be more organized in 2015, too...
    This turtleneck is so cute! Greetings xoxo

    klaudr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice picks! thanks for your comment hun, followed you via gfc & bloglovin :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love my good old knitted tights and turtle necks :) . Love it . xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could pull of turtle necks! They really are so warm! Lovely picks and lovely goals! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up- Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing! need that turtleneck in my life! x

    natalieoffduty.com

    Natalie Off Duty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great must-haves and goals!!!! Interesting post!
    I'm following you back new... keep in touch!
    Expressyourself
    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally need to hit the gym too, and I loveee knee high boots! I think they can definitely compliment anyone's legs! Great blog, just followed via GFC, keep in touch!

    99 OUTFITS | LOOKBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | CHICTOPIA

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi dear . i like ur blog.
    i'm following u now :-)))

    Xx
    S.
    www.manthroughclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post! I really like turtleneck sweaters!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Follow your blog, I'd be happy if you too are subscribing to my blog^^
    My blog ☆ follow

    ReplyDelete
  13. Una recopilación de tendencias perfecta!!!
    Un beso, Athena
    http://cocoolook.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a long list of resolutions! Good luck! Here's an indie band for you to discover: dullboy. from Montreal, Canada.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an inspiring post! Thank you for sharing <3

    <3 <3 Mahshid مهشید


    http://www.thankstofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello lovely! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I followed you on GFC!
    Let's keep in touch :-)
    Have a nice weekend,
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi dear,
    Your blog is so pretty. Now, I'm your new follower.
    Btw, such a great post.
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing and helpful post

    congratulations

    sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment on this post. I love listening to your feedback. Take care. XOXO